New Photo Mystery: Braxton Beast

"A startling new camera trap photograph of what appears to be an unknown bipedal creature has been shared by a reader. Taken literally days ago, the West Virginia photograph of the "Braxton Beast" was "captured" in a county with a well-known history of bizarreness."

There are extensive comments on the original blog. I didn't see anyone that was convinced that this is some unknown species. People think this could be anything from a fire to a dog. What do you think? The picture is not really good enough to be able to tell what it is.

I looks like fumble-fingered photoshopping to me...

What Is It? New Photo Mystery: Braxton Beast at Cryptomundo.com

7 Comments:

Chris said...

yeah that's not one of the better photoshop jobs I've seen I'm afraid...

Dr. Fong said...

Yeah, if we are going to turn it into a big deal let's at least get a good pic. I have a lot of more convincing pics of forest beasts that I could share.

Fred G said...

I understand how you would be skeptical...I was too when my father (whose camera trap took the digital photo) sent the photo to me. He is a very honest guy (not that this will quell your concerns or comments of fakery), and the photo is legit. Legitimately what the photo is taken of we have no idea. I submitted the photo to Loren Coleman from cryptozoology.com and still have the original file on my PC. As it is in digital format there will always be skeptics who say the photo is "fudged", but I will go on the record to say it isn't.

Fred G said...

Sorry...correction. As you already know the photo is on cryptomundo.com

Dr. Fong said...

Wow Fred, well I'm glad you stopped by to clear things up. Any chance you have a better copy of this photo? I can't imagine a camera trap taking pictures of such poor quality.

Fred G said...

Sorry...the camera used was a Wildview 2.0 Megapixel Digital Toggle-Switch Scouting Camera purchased from an sportsman’s catalog. It is kind of low-tech, but suits my mother and father's purpose of monitoring the whitetail deer that frequent that feeding site. It was set to only capture one image per session at twenty minute intervals...it has a 16 MB on-board memory. Dad has not upgraded to a more expensive SD memory card as the thing is out in the woods and someone might steal the memory out of it.


Here is a catalog image of the camera that was used: http://static.flickr.com/53/119885688_5da0060fb7_o.jpg

cpwheels said...

Fred send me a copy Original Tiff or jpeg and I can analyse it for you Thanks www.chesapeakelife.com