$1000 for proof Earth revolves around Sun


Dr. Fong Say:

Whaaaa? I thought that the Earth was flat!? How can it be revolving around the Sun; we would all fall off the side! I think they have a pretty safe bet. Of course when you are the ones judging what "proof" is I bet you can get away with a lot.


UPDATE: Their site about this is gone. Must have gotten depressed over all of the good answers they got.

"The Geocentrism Challenge"

"CAI will write a check for $1,000 to the first person who can prove that the earth revolves around the sun."

"Obviously, we at CAI don't think anyone CAN prove it, and thus we can offer such a generous reward. In fact, we may up the ante in the near future."


Link to the original article

6 Comments:

Chris said...

Wow that's pretty amazing.

Chris said...

Pretty interesting. Anyone with a BA in Astronomy shouldn't have much difficulty with it, though.

Dr. Fong said...

I agree with you but they say that "by proof we mean that your explanations must be direct, observable, physical, natural, repeatable, unambiguous and comprehensive."

Whatever that means.

I have a strange feeling that whatever anyone said it wouldnt be good enough.

Osiris said...

This is a complete and total waste of time. Everybody who's anybody knows the earth is the centre of EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING revolves around the earth. I can prove it. I am the centre of everything and I live on earth, therefore the earth becomes the centre of everything, cosmically speaking.

Matt said...

The site is actually a parody. Good luck trying to claim that money.

Anonymous said...

I would rather get 100 Dr. Fong
magnets!