Clarklake, Michigan Lake Monster


Dr. Fong Says:
I found this old postcard showing a caricature of a creature that had been seen in Clarklake, Michigan.


"The creature is most often described as being one to two feet in diameter with a length of 15 to 20 feet. The head has been described variously as being horse or goat-like."

"The early inhabitants of the area saw the monster as a malevolent entity. Indians claimed that the rocky beaches were sometimes covered with the parts of animals that they had attacked and ravaged. When crossing the lake during bad weather, the Indians always carried a small animal that they would toss overboard in the middle of the lake to appease the monster"


1 Comment:

Matt said...

I had a date with a girl last week that swears that she saw the beast. It was mighty and strong, at least 15-20. Unfortunately she spotted the beast right when the date was reaching in denouement. Her eyes were wide with shock, but when I looked around, I saw nothing. This is not the first time this has happened right at the time a girl and I have decided to become... closer. For this reason, I believe the beast is stalking me, following me where ever I go.