The Shadow Out of Tim

Dr. Fong Says:
My mind begins to strain by "Blackout" and snaps about halfway through "Ride The Flying Polyp."


"The Shadow Out of Tim" is a great new album from the band The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets. I just got it the other day from iTunes and am starting to really get into it. It follows the same basic story of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Shadow out of Time."

The songs tell the story of Tim, a marine biologist, whose mind is swapped with that of one of the Great Race of Yith. His brain returns to its rightful body years later to find that his family has abandoned him and thinks him mad.
"How long have I been gone, tucked down inside this limbo while my dreams are crushing me? Enormous gulfs enormous glyphs enormous galleries. Fragmented visions of a nightmare city full of cone-shaped beings and me"
Tim finds that he has has vague memories of a giant city and of the cone-shaped Great Race who inhabit it. He sets off on a voyage of horror to find the truth behind his nightmare visions.

I had planned to write a list of my favorite songs from the album here, but when I look at the list of tracks and try to decide I realize that I am really digging most of them by this point. If you like H.P. Lovecraft you should really give these guys a listen!

Songs from "The Shadow out of Tim":
  1. Theme To An Earthquake
  2. A Marine Biologist
  3. Blackout
  4. No Way
  5. Strange
  6. Return To Melanesia
  7. Cultists On Board
  8. A "Need To Know" Basis
  9. Operation: Get The Hell Out Of Here
  10. Ride The Flying Polyp
  11. Some Things Man Was Not Meant To Know
  12. Sleestak And Yeti
  13. Downtown (In The Cenozoic)
  14. Nyarlathotep
The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets Website

iTunes Store Link - The Shadow out of Tim
The 30 second clips on iTunes really don't do it justice. Take the plunge and buy it.

post signature

0 Comments: