Reader Submitted Weirdness: Living with the Shadow People

Dr. Fong Says:
Screaming in someone's face about Jesus is a good way to create an awkward silence that can last for years.


I am 38 years old and I have been seeing hat man all of my life. I have seen him in dreaming and waking reality. I've always thought that I was the only person to have this experience or that this backlit guy with a fedoro hat and black suit was specific to only me. I was extremely surprised to find out recently that people all over the world have seen him.

My earliest memory of him was in hypnogogic dream states as a very young child or infant. Most recently he communicated something to me in a lucid dream state. Throughout my life, he seems to contact me in a dream state first and then he will manifest into physical waking life soon after.

I don't know who he is or what he wants but I have my theories. My only advice to someone who encounters him/them and feels intense fear is to confront him. Tell him that you are not afraid of him and MEAN IT !

My faith in Jesus and his love is what gave me the courage to do this. When I did confront him, I got as close to his face as I could and screamed at him that Jesus loves me and that Jesus' love is much more powerful than he is.

When I did this, he seemed to agree with me and my fear of him subsided. From then on, he lost the power that he had over me. He still appears to me but not in a menacing or fearful way. In a strange way, it's almost like we're friends now and he just stops in once in a while to hang out. Sounds insane, I know.

post signature

2 Comments:

veracity said...

not so insane...

Anonymous said...

I was driving down a busy street in the morning. I had just come around a turn when I noticed a man walking across the street. I thot "OMG, that's dangerous." and immediately assumed the car in front of me and the truck coming from the other direction would each slow and let him pass. When both vehs collided with him and continued on I thot I'd have a heartattack. I kept looking around wondering where he was. This is when I realized that the man had been only a dark silohette in the full light of morning and that no one around had seen him. I think I have seen this more than once, but my immediate reaction even this time was to pretend like it didnt happen. I seemed to be okay with letting the idea pass until I began to worry that perhaps I'm seeing these people more and more frequently because I'm going to die soon or worse?